Re: help! fried lawn

OK- I got a little too happy with the Round-Up spray trying to get rid

> of the creeping charlie. Well, charlie's gone, but now I have big > patches of yellow dried up dead grass. Anything I can do with it? > Tons of water? Re-sod? > > TIA >

You'll have to re-plant. Wait till early fall now.

(you didn't say where you live)

Reply to
Moparholic

sorry- Chicago

Reply to
Guglielmo Portas

Waiting 2-3 months before you can even try to turn the earth over and re-seed can be a PITA. If you can $wing it, you might want to try sodding it. You should do a sample patch, take out about 3-4" of root/dirt and maybe have some clean fill to layer underneath the sod. If it turns color, then wait, if not... patch your heart out.

I don't think there's anything to counteract RU if you get it on the grass, but you'd think some genius at Scotts or Ortho would have come up with an "antibody" remedy or something. This happens to everyone once in a while. Just putting RU in beds and then walking thru it will track the stuff onto the grass and kill it.

Mike

Reply to
drgrafix

Thanks for the info. Since I didn't really *soak* the areas too badly with the RoundUp, I'm hoping that digging the grass out and maybe using that blue foam patch stuff with the grass seed in it will work. I'll add dirt and try this maybe in September.

:-)

Reply to
Guglielmo Portas

All traces of the Roundup is gone after 3 weeks, so you don't have to worry about reseeding any time after that.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J