Re: help! fried lawn

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Guglielmo Portas) wrote:

(you didn't say where you live)
--
GO# 40
sorry- Chicago
Waiting 2-3 months before you can even try to turn the earth over and re-seed can be a PITA. If you can $wing it, you might want to try sodding it. You should do a sample patch, take out about 3-4" of root/dirt and maybe have some clean fill to layer underneath the sod. If it turns color, then wait, if not... patch your heart out.
I don't think there's anything to counteract RU if you get it on the grass, but you'd think some genius at Scotts or Ortho would have come up with an "antibody" remedy or something. This happens to everyone once in a while. Just putting RU in beds and then walking thru it will track the stuff onto the grass and kill it.
Mike
On 16 Jul 2003 11:41:25 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Guglielmo Portas) wrote:

Thanks for the info. Since I didn't really *soak* the areas too badly with the RoundUp, I'm hoping that digging the grass out and maybe using that blue foam patch stuff with the grass seed in it will work. I'll add dirt and try this maybe in September.
:-)
snipped-for-privacy@hotpotato.com wrote in message (Guglielmo

All traces of the Roundup is gone after 3 weeks, so you don't have to worry about reseeding any time after that.
Tom J