Ranking the HD & lowes machines

Just for the sake of discussion I thought I'd give my ranking of the lawn tractors currently at Lowes and HD.

Lowes Husqvarna is still the Caddy of tractors. JD (both stores) is most popular around here. Toro & Troybuilt are right behind and tied. Cub Cadet is under-rated so it loses resale value. Murray ends up on the bottom even though independent testers call it a best buy.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

And you'll only find them on clearance at HD since Depot dumped them when Murray went into bankruptcy. Even though they were bought out by Briggs & Stratton, they couldn't meet production demands.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Just FYI - Briggs & Stratton did not have a whole lot of choice there. Murray is a huge user of B&S engines and likely owed them a pile of money. I think it was probably a good strategy to try to protect this customer.

Reply to
Artemis