Question: What kills bermuda but spares fescue?

Bermuda is invading my fescue lawn. What herbicide will kill bermuda but leave fescue alone?

Thanks

Reply to
John Crichton

Worth a read:

Eggs Zachtly

To some extent, you can use Fluazifop (often sold under the Fusillade brand) and/or Acclaim Extra. Do a bit of googling and you'll find 'em both on the internet. Greenbook.net is an excellent source of free information, but you'll have to register. You can read the label information - application rate, proper uses, etc for almost any herbicide there.

In theory, Fluazifop will cause more injury to the bermuda, but neither product claims to eliminate bermuda, even after multiple applications. I have experience with both and can tell you that using either of these products to rid fescue of bermuda is akin to giving chemotherapy to a cancer patient. It may or may not kill off the bad stuff, and it is awfully rough on the patient.

Reply to
Kyle Boatright