Question about temporary decking

I've got a paved patio but water tends to lay on the surface a bit due to the texture of the stone. With all this rain I'm looking for something to put down so that people don't have to walk in puddles when we have a BBQ. I've looked at wooden decking squares but they seem horribly expensive for even poor quality versions.

Any ideas?

Reply to
CWatters

If you don't already have 1, the cheapest way to remove the puddles is buy a leaf blower. Just blow the water right off in short order time!! :-)

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Better than my idea, I was thinking drill some 1/2 holes in the pavement and fill with pool filter sand.

Clark

Reply to
Clark

Trouble is here in the UK they will fill up again about 5 mins after you dried them :-(

Reply to
CWatters

Get outta my head, yoo. =)

Seriously, a backpack blower would make short order of the puddles.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

You are trying to have an outdoor party while it's raining?? You do have trouble!! Spend the money to put a shelter over the patio!!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Bingo.

Reply to
Steveo

I've got a shelter/gazebo to keep the rain off the BBQ but it won't stop 1" of water that flows across the patio and through the gazebo in the weather we've had recently. Normally the drains cope fine but it's been raining so very hard recently. Will probably will keep raining for several more weeks. I heard the jet stream is too far south. We've got towns flooded 9 feet deep and several thousand homeless up north.

party on folks! Perhaps I'll just buy a few paving slabs and put them down in the gazebo like stepping stones :-)

Reply to
CWatters