PTO switch does not engage mower blade on JD LX173

While cutting my lawn this evening the blade just stopped. Tractor starts and runs fine, but mower blades will not engage. Anyone have any thoughts as to the cause? Thank you. Dennis

Reply to
desiglass

Do we have to guess what the details are ? Should I assume it has an electric PTO clutch and you haven't check the wires to see if one fell off the switch ?

Reply to
Srgnt Bilko

I'm sorry. Yes, it's an electric PTO. I did look behind the switch and there does not appear to be any loose wires. Thank you.

Reply to
desiglass

Well - keeping it simple - have you checked the switch to see if it is still working ? Is there a fuse in the line ? Is there a good ground ?

Reply to
Srgnt Bilko

Is the belt still on ?

Reply to
Srgnt Bilko

see if you have 12 volts at the clutch when engaged. if so it needs a clutch and they are expensive. i've done a lot of deere clutches over the years. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein

-- old_lou

old_lou