PTO Pulley on a Gravely Pro 50 walkbehind?

I have an older Gravely walk-behind - marked "Gravely Pro" on the drive covers, "Pro 50" on the deck, and model number 47385 on one tag and serial number 00625178 on another. Unfortunately, the model numbers don't show up on the Ariens/Gravely site, so I have no idea what this is... Kawasaki motor, belt drive, manual trans - my guess is early 90's.

I'm trying to swap out the engine, and having some problems. The main issue at this point is the PTO pulley: instead of an electric PTO, this has a split pulley PTO - when you put tension on the V-belt it wedges between the two halves of the pulley and engages the blade.

So I pulled the bolt, used a gear puller on the lower half of the pulley with no problems, and then tried the same on the upper pulley. I thought it was moving, but it clearly wasn't, since I broke the pulley. I looked up towards the end of the shaft, and saw an internal snap-ring which I assumed was there to position the upper pulley on the shaft (to keep it from going too far on, not to prevent it from coming off). Regardless, with the snapring pulled the pulley still won't budge...

So, a couple of questions:

-Any idea what the model number of this might be?

-Any idea if there's something else holding the pulley to the crankshaft, or if this one is just securely rusted in place?

-I assume I can get the pulley welded; any idea if this can be easily converted to an electric PTO, and if there would be any benefit to that?

Thanks,

-Mike

Reply to
mikep7777

Why screw around - go to a Gravely dealer - you're going to end up there sooner or later anyway.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko