Problem with my Lawn

Page 2 of 2
I seed my yard twice a year as I'm suppose to,
Say what? A lawn is normally seeded once to get it established. Then, it may need some spot seeding, maybe once every couple years to repair areas damaged by insect or disease. But if you have to seed it twice every year something is very wrong.
I also water and fertilize as directed.
Directed by whom? Someone from the local agri service or someone from a company that wants to sell N step fertilizer?
Lately I'm noticing the grass blades in some areas are no longer the nice tall thin blades, but more to the short fat blades. I'm concerned because A: it doesn't look nice and B: I'm hoping its not some sort of weed growing. Can anyone offer me some advise?
How do you expect anyone to be able to answer this without knowing what kind of grass you have or where you are located? Without at least a picture, it's just about impossible to tell you what you have. And it's important to get it right, because the solution depends entirely on what exactly you have.
If you are overseeding this may be a quick germinating seed that they mix with bluegrass seeds. It doesn't look like crabgrass to me. Crabgrass will grow from a central point much like a dandelion. There is really no need to overseed unless you have bare areas.