Problem with Fescue

woman she

Note that "Tall Fescue" is a very specific grass. Bags of seed that list "fescue(s)" probably do NOT contain Tall Fescue. Lofts Rebel II is all Tall Fescue and there are one or two others.
Tall Fescue seems to be working for me here northwest of Boston. Neighbors' lawns are fairly burned out, but mine is still reasonable. I overseed lightly after Labor Day.
Stubby wrote:

The sun/shade mix out in my garage, bought in spring for a bare spot, contains 2 fescues, neither tall, a blue grass and 2 ryes. Have no idea of proportion of grasses in my lawn but it looks fine with infrequent over seeding. IMHO to have varied grasses in the lawn makes sure something is growing. I remember many years ago when Scott was touting Kentucky blue and everybody was putting it in. Then something like sod webworms would come along and wipe out the whole lawn. That doesn't happen to those of us with mongrel lawns ;) Frank