Pressuer washer choices

I'm looking at getting a pressure washer at Sears. My choices that I have narrowed it down to are a 2550 psi 6.75 Hp Briggs and Stranton Qunatum powered one, vs. a 2800 psi Honda 6 Hp enigne. Both are Craftsman.

Is the Honda engine a better choice considering it's about $175 more? I want to clean vinyl siding, decks, driveways and cars. It probably won't get more than 10 hours of use a year.

Thanks

Reply to
FDR

It depends who makes them for Sears, I have a Coleman that is JUNK!! A Honda engine is good but for 10 hrs a year either one will work, it is the pump and wand that may cause you problems. Ceck Northern Hydralicks out. Or maybe it is Northern Tool Co now. They have what you need.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Reply to
Mel M Kelly

Thanks. I don't want to really deal with mail oreder on large items though. I like being able to deal locally and alos being able to take it back if I don't like it.

Reply to
FDR

Rent one for $70/day..No maintance, storage ...

Just luv it!

Reply to
Stanley

I'm well pleased with the DeVilbiss I bought at Sams club for $298.

Honda 5.5 - 2500 psi - 2.2 gpm, PWH Power Wave

In fact here it is with a Porter Cable label.

I wouldn't own anything with a B&S on it ever again. Oh and, piss on Craftsman.

Reply to
G Henslee

I have an Excel 2750 PSI with a Honda engine. I can't say if the Honda engine is better, but I have been very happy with mine. I mainly clean my drive with mine, but I use less water, and go faster then I would with a hose. If I had the money to burn, I would get a small one just for the drive and a big one for other stuff. But the small electric ones they sell at Wal Mark are mostly under powered. With my 2750, I can stip the paint off of the drive if I am not careful. Just my .01 cents worth.

Reply to
Cherry Darling

Your driveway is painted? Boy did you f*ck up.

Reply to
G Henslee