Portable Home Generator Questions

Page 5 of 5
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yep. Even during the oil embargo under Carter, there was no shortage of gasoline - there was only a shortage of CHEAP gasoline.

Diesel beats both gas and propane/lpg/nat-gas hands down. Diesel also stores more easily, and most diesel generators run just fine on home heating fuel. Down side? Diesels are a bit noiser perhaps. Upsides? Good storage on the fuel (doesn't degrade in storage, but may require an algicide).

Safely? Hard, you need a good/proper storage tank. Consider checking Northern Tools for tanks.

How are you going to rotage 150 gallons of gas? If it is stale, you sure you want to put it in your car?

No, a gallon of propane has less energy than a gallon of gas. And a gallon of gas has less energy than a gallon of diesel.

No, but your question says you need to talk to an electrican about hookups before you kill yourself or someone else. <g>

Probably, but I doubt you will get away with that type of a setup. I don't think any gas company will fill a tank (150 gallons) feeding a 150 ft line to a generator.

The very best one you can afford. NO cheap Chinese crap!!!