poisen ivy--scotts roundup poisen ivy

forget it--used it on rather large infestations--only areas it did anything to was the leaves that it was sprayed on --wilted after 10 days so far--nothing appears systemic--no major temprature changes during the last 10 days--i would not reccomend it--at least for poison ivy in the bronx

At what concentration did you apply it? I've used Roundup successfully on Poison Ivy, but you have to apply it at about 7% concentration, as opposed to 1 or 2% which will work on broadleaf weeds. If you bought one of the pre-mixed hand sprayer bottles at low concentration, that's the problem. It's also much cheaper to buy in concentrated form and mix your own.
On the other hand, if it's poison ivy and similar harder to kill plants that are the main target, one of the products specific for brush is what I would use.
ilaboo:

According to the directions, that is what it is supposed to do. It's a contact killer.
    I believe you'll find Poison Ivy more susceptible to herbicide when first leafing out in springtime and when storing nutrients to its root system in autumn. Meantime you can spend exasperating time spraying and re-spraying during other periods with no satidfying results in the long run.     The reasoning behind this approach is that the roots are expending stored     energy to sprout leaves in Spring so the leaves will in turn feed the     roots; reducing the leaf structure interrupts the feeding cycle, so to     speak. Similarly, the leaves in Autumn are more likely to transmit the     herbicide to the root system before closing shop for the season, and the     herbicide has all winter to do its work on the root system.     Timing is important for the best results. I've used RoundUp Ultra (mixing     from concentrate) for about fifteen or twenty years or longer and it's very     effective when used properly.
tried--i really forgot name--something like banvil a 2-4 d product for poisen ivy--as to be expected--tips curled in one day, leaves drooping but after 1 week nada--i rally am not impressed sofar with poisen ivy herbicides--i was under the impression that the chemical would be absorbed thru the leaves and traqnsported to roots etc and therby afect the entire plant--i was wrong--both seem to be a contact herbicide with no systemic effict i can see.
hth
peter