"Plugr' aerator

Page 4 of 4
Jay & Mary Julson wrote:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img_viewer.php?loc=img188&image ®rator17nw.jpg&gal=img209/3096/aerator67fv.jpg I hope this helps. Jay

I tried the plugr for the first time a few days ago. Works well with no where near the peripheral damage as caused by a rotary aerator. In soft ground it doesn't want to self propel esp up hill so I had to push a little to limit damage to the berm around the putting surface of my greensward. Also causes slightly more disruption around corners, still less than rotary going straight though. In the future I will aerate when the ground is a little harder & dryer and go in straight line on the green. I would recommend for grasses that don't recover from damage quickly over a rotary aerator or critical areas where minor surface damage is unacceptable. But I am not a pro landscaper. so YMMV
Add pictures here
✖
stevo, If you are in the market for an aerator or if anyone is still interested about aerators, I found a better site with much more objective advice.
If you haven't seen this site yet, go to www.Lawnsite.com and search under aerators.
You can go back thru over 5 years of posts. You will get pages and pages of opinions from users and potential buyers.
Dr. J
Add pictures here
✖
name wrote:

WOW, good site. J
Add pictures here
✖
good find there name.

Add pictures here
✖

If I was in the market for an aerator, I'd buy a Ryan like I always have, not that piece of shit called the plugr. :)
http://img64.echo.cx/img64/7038/plugrloading5uk.jpg
That is a good site you referenced, btw.
Add pictures here
✖