"Plugr' aerator

Page 1 of 4
anyone have any experience with this turf aerator www.plugr.com . I was wondering if the tines tore the turf as it moved along like the plug areators that are round and you pull behind riding mower? This one doesn't look like it would tear up the ground as the tines appear to come 'pretty much' straight up and down. Also any other input on this machine welcome. thanks bob

I like Ryan aerators...only. They run forever and are real easy to get parts for.
Buzzard wrote:

cost alot more than these. alot heavier too, harder to transport to another yard. I wonder how these plugr hold up?

How much more?

They are self propelled, are you picking them up when loading?

Dunno, I've never heard of them. You plan to use this commercially?
Steveo wrote:

several thousand

not the Ryan I had been using. about 10000 lbs. 2 could pick up the plugr about 200 lbs

no. got a few acres in a few places that need it once a year.

Which model Ryan are you speaking of?

Looks like I had to answer that my own self.
http://img64.echo.cx/img64/7038/plugrloading5uk.jpg
http://img64.echo.cx/img64/7038/plugrloading5uk.jpg
Is the 'plugr' an aerator, or a rug doctor?

How much do these Pugr's cost ? I need one.
Heidi the Horrible wrote:

$1800-2500 for plugr $10,000 for Ryan, used $1500 & up

OK
HUH?
Steveo wrote:

Ryan Greensaire
I have a Plugr. I have had it for about two weeks. The reason I went with this type is several.
1. easier to transport 2. less parts then the conventional one. 3. easier to manuver then conventional. 4. I went with the eight tine so only have eight tines instead of what the conventional have.
To answer your question about tearing up the turf compared to the pull behind. I cann't say as I have not used or seen the the pull behind used. My customers are satisfied with the results.

Jay & Mary Julson wrote:

Thanks for the reply would you recommend it? are the holes "clean"? ie. does tines go pretty much straight up and down and just leave a hole in the ground? The reason I ask is I would like to use it on a putting green and holes ore ok as long as the ground around the hole is not damaged as that takes longer to grow back in and 'heal' than a simple hole does. does it appear well made and long lasting? Thanks again Bob

Yes the machines is well made. The one I got weighs 275 lbs. The damage around the holes is minimal. It depend mostly on how wet the ground is when you aerate. The wetter the soiler the better chance of the ground sticking to the tines like any aerator. As you know the tines run on a cam so the tines do go straight down and the self propelled comes from the motion of the tines. If you hit hard soil so you do not get deep penetration the machine can almost run away from you if you are not ready (like any aerator).
If you like I can take some pictures and email them to you. It may be a while as it is raining here in North Dakota and has been for two days. I can take some pictures of lawns that we did two weeks ago if you like and you can see for your self. Our soil has a lot of clay so I do not know the surronding soil damage potential with more sandy type soil.
If you contact Source One by telephone they can give you a dealer that may be close by and the dealer may give you some customers near you that have one so that you can see the results first hand.
I think you would be satisfied with a Plugr. I apologize if I am tell you things you already know.
Jay

Hi J&M.
If you don't mind, please post a few to this free host. No sign-up is required.
http://www.imageshack.us /
Thanks.
Jay & Mary Julson wrote:

thanks. if you can post them to the site steveo mentioned that would be greatly appreciated.
Here are some pictures of holes left by the Plugr.
http://img188.imageshack.us/img_viewer.php?loc=img188&image rator17nw.jpg&gal=img209/3096/aerator67fv.jpg
I hope this helps.

How much do they cost ? This isn't clear from the discussions above.
Thanks
HtH
Heidi the Horrible wrote:

I answered you last week on this question. thread this discussion in you newreader and look back for the answer. :)