please ID this weed

the picture is at this site:

is either spurge or oxalis or something else. Please ID and recommend treatment. background info: I live in Florida. I have a St. Augustine lawn. There are a lot of these creeping over on my lawn. It has covered some parts of my lawn.

It grows from the soil and extends over the lawn like a blanket.

I've been hand weeding them, but they are very fragile, and tend to break easily, leaving the base in the soil.

Please ID and recommend a treatment.

Reply to
aybee

Any broadleaf selective herbacide will take care of this: ie. killex.

Reply to
Mike

Looks like henbit but not positive. Bayers lawn weed killer should get it. Good stuff but it takes time to kill lawn weeds.

Thunder

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

This is a good site to help ID weeds