PLEASE HELP! I have cut my new turf too short...

Hi there,
Over two weeks ago I had a gardener lay some lovely looking new turf in my garden. I am not sure exactly what type of turf it was but it was the runner type and the gardener refereed to it as 'professional' if that helps...
As advised, I watered the turf every evening for two weeks and was rewarded with a really plush green lawn. It seemed that the turf responded really, really well to the new top soil. After two and a half weeks it was time to mow the lawn so I borrowed my neighbors mower and went to work.
Only when the job was finished did I realise that his mower was actually a scarifier and it cut the blades of grass down very, very low. It also looks like the scarifier has 'scalped' some small areas of turf in a few places. Since yesterday (when I cut the lawn) some areas of yellow have now started to appear.
It is disheartening to see what was once a really lovely lawn look so bad and I am worried that I have damaged it beyond repair. It is my own fault for not researching how short I should have cut the turf. In addition, the grass was also wet when I cut it but I have only just found out that was a mistake.
Aside from having the garden re-turfed again is there anything I can do? I am hoping that with time and regular watering the garden will return to its former plush green self but I am new to gardening and really don't have a clue!
Any advice / suggestions / comforting words would be greatly appreciated!
Many, many, many thanks in advance for your response,
Chris.
--
C. Leach

You must be a troll. No one could possibly be that stupid and still be alive.
C. Leach wrote the following:

You have a lawn, but no lawn mower?

I usually check behind the mower to see what's happening to the grass. I would have noticed that it was set too low before I got a couple of feet into the job.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak said:

Am I the only one here with this "Mr. Bean" image in my head now?
--

Eggs

Can I yell MOVIE in a crowded firehouse?
Thank you for getting back to me so soon. It really is appreciated! I'll keep an eye on it and make sure that it gets plenty of water. I'll let you know how its looking in a month. Thanks again! Chris.
--
C. Leach