Plant ID please

Just trying to figure out what grows in my garden- Narcissus or a type of Daffodil? Bottom left. TIA http://www.jhcp.cps.k12.il.us/Gardening.htm
Merle O'Broham said:

All daffodils (common name) are Narcissus (genus name).
Yours is possibly a variety of poeticus daffodil. Does it have any fragrance? Poeticus daffodils have one bloom per stem, white petals with a small crinkled disc (often with a green center, surrounded by yellow and a contrasting red or orange rim) and the flowers are fragrant.
Might be the variety called 'Pheasant's Eye."
--
Pat K. ('someplace.net' is comcast)

There are lots of varieties of similar daffodils in my neighborhood. Some probably date back to the turn of the century. This one is unscented. I guess I'd be happy just calling it a daffodil. Thanks. I'll google some daffodil pages.
BTW- it's funny- I'm always in the garden digging, planting, moving whatever, and this is maybe my 3rd or 4th year with the gardening bug. Now my neighbors are coming to *me* for advice.(!) I feel reluctant giving an 80 yr old advice about Lilly of the Valley or whatever. Flattering, though. .02
Thanks again.
I'll be posting a bunch of pics reallysoon showing my Paghat Flagstone Path-inspired dogpatch.
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

type
yellow
Merle O'Broham said:

I did some more googling, too, and found that there are varieties of Poet's daffodils that are scentless. So maybe you can still call it that...

If you *look like* you know what you are doing, people will assume that you *do* know...
--
Pat K. ('someplace.net' is comcast)

Thanks Pat. I gave 'em a rub yesterday and they are lightly scented. Pheasant's Eye is exactly what they are.
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

it
bug.
that