pine needles killing lawn

Do the pine needles have their own special chemicals to kill every thing else.. or is it they change the ph to a point nothing else wants to grow? Thanks..

Reply to
Chuck

2 yrs ago when we bought our house there was this 20ft pine tree in our front yard that was never trimmed. It looked terrible imo. I trimmed the branches up high enough so that I could mow under it and cleaned all the dead stuff out of the center of it. I raked all the yrs worth of needles up (7 38gl trash bags worth) and put down seed and straw. This yr I have a great looking lawn around it with little to no needles dropping due to it being cleaned out. Just have to deal with the cones dropping which I just bag the grass which cut/picks them up.

It was a lot of work but it looks great around it now.

Reply to
p-nut

On Sun, 22 May 2005 16:52:20 GMT, "p-nut"

Reply to
Chuck