Picked first paw paws today

And had one with lunch at the picnic table by the garden. We like to eat "fresh" - as in picked within minutes. Also cleared off the volunteer vine plants from the compost pile started last fall. Lots of things that look like half bumpy gourds mixed with small pumkin.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

I've got 2 paw paw trees at the start of my driveway.. First time I've ever had them (just moved into the house a month ago).. Gotta say I LOVE them, but I prefer to eat them once they've dropped on their own and get that stronger flavor.

How do you eat yours? I've found them to be...hmm... messy to eat.

Rather love this new house. Has ALL kinds of fun plants that we didn't even notice when we bid for it. Only started taking note of what was growing after the fact.

Turns out we've got paw paws, figs, pecans, hazel nuts, black walnuts, apples, pears, etc etc etc.. Makes walks through the yard a tasty one. ;)

Reply to
Scott Hildenbrand

Off the ground is good - or as they start to soften on the tree. We just slice them in half lengthways and spoon the custard out.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko