Picked first asparagus

Just a handful - enough for supper.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Yum, I bet that was good.

Reply to
Steve

Nothing like veggies eaten within a few hours of being picked. I chuckle when I see super market stuff advertised as "fresh".

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

you bring back some real memories. When I was young, we lived in the country with an irrigation canal going through the property. In the heavy grass along the canal, asparagus would grow. Many is the time that my mother would give me a paper bag and a kitchen knife and send me out to gather asparagus along the ditch. She always told us to let some of the plants stay and go to seed to keep the crop coming for future years. We also had an asparagus patch in the garden, but walking along the ditch gathering asparagus was much more fun. I have always liked asparagus.

Dale P

Reply to
Dale P