paint brushes

For oil based applications both paint and stain what kind of brush do you advise.
For water based paint what kind of brush do you recommend.
what is the best kind of brush to use for doing trim, specifically to make straight lines along edge and trim.
Rmundo wrote:

Chinese bristles

Nylon bristles

A cut brush, the bristles are angled at 45 degrees. I prefer a 2 1\2" cut brush, holds lots of paint.
Dan
Dan has done some painting!

Frank Knight wrote:

Yeah, being a home improvement contractor for 30 years has given me lots of opportunities to practice.
Dan
For sure, I was going to answer him as I have do quite alot of painting of everything over the last 37 years but you said it all.