Outside Christmas LED Lights -- dull and weak....

Page 1 of 2
Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights. Much to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led lights. I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot, and Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.
So, I bought a set of led lights strings with C7 led lights. 50 lights on a string, total wattage of 3.7 watts. They say these are much cheaper to run because of the low wattage. But, I have seen that you get what you pay for. These lights are dull and weak looking.
Does anyone here know of any store that still sells real outside Christmas lights, or have they all been outlawed too ?
Thanks for any info on where I can purchase non-fake Christmas lights !!
James

How can you even think about using real Christmas tree lights, when some kid in Nigeria is starving because of the global warming you have caused using them. Thank God our government has better sense than you do, and seen fit to outlaw all non energy saving light bulbs. Oh, wait a minute, there is no actual global warming, and they're going to repeal that bill? OK, never mind, Merry Christmas

On 12/11/2010 10:54 AM, RBM wrote:

Moron.

The ONLY reason some kid in Nigeria is starving is because its moron mommy didn't have the sense to keep her legs closed.
On 12/11/2010 8:12 AM Brooklyn1 spake thus:

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, you are a *racist asshole*.
Fuck off.

For some reason I find comforting that despite your admitted ignorance on the subject, you are still more than willing to chime in. Probably the consistency of it all.

The subject was LED Christmas lights, and I do know something because I have some. I also have the old style, so I can compare them.
I also know quite a bit about how Bush and his corporate friends caused one of the largest economic meltdowns in US history. I know how he lied to get us into a war with Iraq that was in the interests of hid corporate friends, but not the American people. So, I can pretty well guess that any actions towards Nigeria were to reward his corporate friends as well. Is that enough for Kurt to read or do we need more?
I do actually know one thing about the Bush Presidency and Nigeria. His VP just got indicted for bribary to get contracts for his corporate friends. See a pattern here?
RBM, you are an idiot. Christmas lights have nothing to do with starving kids in Nigeria. If you really think that is true, you are a blooming idiot !!
AND, I don't need Al Gore to tell me how bright my Christmas lights should be, or how many gallons of water that I use to flush my crap, another bright (dim) idea from your idol.
Get a life.
James

"James" wrote in message
RBM, you are an idiot. Christmas lights have nothing to do with starving kids in Nigeria. If you really think that is true, you are a blooming idiot !!
AND, I don't need Al Gore to tell me how bright my Christmas lights should be, or how many gallons of water that I use to flush my crap, another bright (dim) idea from your idol.
Get a life.
James
------
James, you do realise that RBM was JOKING, right?
Well, I am red-faced !! If RBM was joking, it went right over my head !! The problem is, too many folks actually believe what he posted is true !!
Apologies to you RBM !!!
James

Sorry James, I was being humorously sarcastic... or so I thought. I'm on your side

You should have said it with a ;) Ya gotta know there are a lot of nuts that think seriously like this.
On 12/11/2010 10:04 AM, James wrote:

The restrictions and sacrifices don't apply to "The Elite". They must keep mass consuming to illustrate how bad it is. 8-)
TDD
On 12/11/2010 11:04 AM, James wrote:

LOL. Gotta read down to the last line. It's sarcasm. He is joking.

--
nikole95.7

it's the same here, finding real lights is now difficult, dont know why but lamps i've bought recently has no quality, it has no bright color and broke less than a month...what a poor condition....
nikole95.7;909350 Wrote:

--
jasmin101

They didn't cut back on regular lights because of anything the government did. They sold some and people bought them out, so they made a lot more. It's the market system which I thought you conservatives liked.
OP If you want real lights, I'd look on the web, Google Web or Google Shopping. Yahoo Shopping, Ebay, and Amazon.
Although often ebay or Amazon items show up in Google web, I think not all the time and you have to look on them directly.

Target was offering either kind. I like the LEDs, they don't seem as bright but they appear to be better made.

I bought a set of LED strings for the outside, a couple of years ago (~1400 lights). They were so ugly I threw them out when I took them down that year and replaced them with real lights (after Christmas sales) for the next year. I just put up about half of them yesterday (waiting for it to get a little warmer to finish the job).