ornamental grasses

My wife has some ornamental grass seed from her late brothers yard.Any one know how to get it to grow? Try planting in a pot no luck.

Reply to
ronald sullivan

A lot will depend upon the viability of the seed - It may have been harvested before fully ripe etc. Suggest you simply scatter a few seeds on top of the compost in a pot, and then enclose the pot in a clear plastic bag - out of full sun> If the seed is ok, then it should sprout within a week. A quicker test, is to put a few grains of the seed on some damp blotting paper on a window sil. The seed should start to swell within

2-3 days. If it doesn't then there is a problem with the viability of the seed. Regards Data
Reply to
Data

There are hundreds of ornamental grasses. What cultivar?

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Was it dormant when you transplanted it?

Reply to
Steveo

Oh sorry never mind. I've never grown it from seed. I have a lot of it but it's all from splits.

Reply to
Steveo

Left handed. :)

Reply to