ornamental grasses

My wife has some ornamental grass seed from her late brothers yard.Any one know how to get it to grow? Try planting in a pot no luck.

A lot will depend upon the viability of the seed - It may have been harvested before fully ripe etc. Suggest you simply scatter a few seeds on top of the compost in a pot, and then enclose the pot in a clear plastic bag - out of full sun> If the seed is ok, then it should sprout within a week. A quicker test, is to put a few grains of the seed on some damp blotting paper on a window sil. The seed should start to swell within 2-3 days. If it doesn't then there is a problem with the viability of the seed. Regards Data
ronald sullivan said:

There are hundreds of ornamental grasses. What cultivar?
--

Eggs

I had amnesia once -- maybe twice.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Left handed. :)

Was it dormant when you transplanted it?

Oh sorry never mind. I've never grown it from seed. I have a lot of it but it's all from splits.