orchid plant

My brother gave me an orchid plant for my birthday and it is already starting to die. I don't think I've overwatered it. Is there any way to help my poor plant?
-Deborah
Go to this site: http://www.orchidlady.com / Read the FAQ info and you should have a better understanding of the plant. I have several, I mist them twice a week ( room temp) and water everyweek (no more than 2 shot glass). Works for me and my flowers are crazy. As for plant food once every other week 1/4 teaspoon in the shot glass (orchid food). As always this works for me,but read the faq or do a search...Paul