old riding mower, new attachments...does it fit?

Looking at picking up a used MTD riding mower from a guy in the paper.
It's either a 1997 or 1998 model, side discharge.
My question: If I get this machine, will a new mulch kit ordered from Lowe's fit this bad boy? Or do I need to hunt for something from a comparable model year?
THANKS

Lowe's
model
Forget about a "mulch kit" - just a waste of time and money. Just mow with the damn thing. What does the Lowes kit consist of ? Maybe a 2nd blade and a chute block LOL. Lowes is fairly easy about returns. If you insist on a mulch kit just buy the damn thing and if it doesn't fit, you must acquit - er, I mean, take it back. Otherwise we need the model #'s / size of the MTD and the Lowes kit you are looking at.

Yep, the mulching will only work if you cut at least twice a week, when the grass is dry. (no dew)

interesting. why is that, exactly?

paper.
comparable
fit,
model
"Exactly" ?? What do you think this is - Hertz ?
Take it on the road. You're too funny to be kept a secret on this board.

I should preface that to say 'on my lawn'.. which is irrigated 2 inches per week. There's too many clippings unless you are using a commercial grade mulching machine, and even the commercial cutting guys will tell you their not in love with the mulching mess. The side-discharge will disperse the clipping's better.
I run the baggers and recycle it into mulch for the back forty borders.

I've also been mulching with the mower, but if the grass is a tad too long or wet, such as after a couple of days' rain, it doesn't work too well, and the mower will leave clumps of clippings on the lawn, and the grass those areas tend to die. There must be a tree hugger somewhere in my family tree, as I had always thought mulching the clippings back onto the lawn is good, but there are too many drawbacks in reality.
So what is a good simple composer to do something with bagged clippings instead of putting them out with the garbage which seems to be a true waste?
Lukas

Strike up the band!

Composter band? he he he

Feed 'em musical fruit!