Not sure if this is the right forum, but some critter is in my house

smoke alarms chirp when the battery gets low.

ds549

Sounds like you are the winner to me LOL

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Maybe they thought you were Cuban refugees who had somehow gotten off course and come down the St. Lawrence River. Heh, the t-word comes to mind. They were just bored and had to scope you out and act officious and obnoxious and sic the bat on you. Their radar may have affected the bat because that behavior was unusual especially if in the daytime.

Yes, we may have to settle for a peaceful coexistence. It cheeped a little bit ago. I called animal control, said I didn't want them to come out, asked if they knew what it could be, they said I had to call a professional trapper. Yeah, right, you know what they would charge. My granddaughter's bf's father does pest control; he may have some ideas about it and might help me catch it so I've got a call in to her so we can get in touch with him. If he can do anything, he would at least give me a price break. Whatever it is, I don't want to kill it. At least it isn't a snake.

Reply to
I Love Lucy

Have you checked the battery in the smoke alarm?? I know that sounds stupid, but I once tracked a "cricket" for two weeks, only to discover that he was really the smoke alarm chirping to let me know the battery was dead.

DP

Reply to
DP

buffet and one in the sunroom. Didn't bother to get on a ladder and install them the proper way. That might be it. Thanks! It's chirping now. I just took two batteries out. There are more in boxes in the spare room, don't know where exactly I put them.

I'll try to get back to you on this.

Reply to
I Love Lucy

Thank you DP! Just did. See my most recent reply above.

Reply to
I Love Lucy

I think you nailed it. And you didn't know I had smoke detectors (suppose most people do, net people at least).

It makes me laugh at myself, telling it to come out so I could catch it and let it go free. Ha ha.

That's three problems solved within the last two days, two with the help of netizens and one by my little old self. I get so much good help on the net, it's amazing.

I must tell you it's a huge relief, didn't know how long I was going to have to put up with it or what it would take to solve that one. Wonder if I had gotten an animal trapper if he would have figured it out.

Reply to
I Love Lucy

You posted a question that was obviously fun for many of us.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko