Not sure if this is the right forum, but some critter is in my house

Page 2 of 2

I'm familiar with their sound. It isn't the same, but that doesn't mean they don't make different sounds. I'll let you know if I figure it out. Maybe I will just have a houseguest for awhile . . .I'm growing accustomed to its sound. I just wanted whatever it is out for obvious reasons and that it not starve before it can be caught and set free. If it's a bat, it seems it's in more than it is out. I don't know what happens while I'm sleeping.
Seems odd the cat doesn't show more curiosity about it. She's a good mouser and caught a chipmunk by the tail when one got in my computer room. I made her drop it, it hid in a corner, I isolated it by closing the door and getting the cat out and left some peanuts and water out. In the morning there were peanut shells all over my keyboard. I opened the screen a couple inches and left some peanuts on the windowsill and the next day the peanuts hadn't been eaten and it was gone. I don't think the cat got it.
The woodpecker eventually flew into the top of the closet and climbed into a small computer peripheral box. I clamped the lid down tight when I found it and took it outside and set it free.
This one has me stymied. For now. It's just chirping away as I write, every few seconds.

smoke alarms chirp when the battery gets low.

Sounds like you are the winner to me LOL

Hmmm. I will check that out. I have one sitting in the dr on the buffet and one in the sunroom. Didn't bother to get on a ladder and install them the proper way. That might be it. Thanks! It's chirping now. I just took two batteries out. There are more in boxes in the spare room, don't know where exactly I put them.
I'll try to get back to you on this.

Have you checked the battery in the smoke alarm?? I know that sounds stupid, but I once tracked a "cricket" for two weeks, only to discover that he was really the smoke alarm chirping to let me know the battery was dead.
DP

Thank you DP! Just did. See my most recent reply above.

I think you nailed it. And you didn't know I had smoke detectors (suppose most people do, net people at least).
It makes me laugh at myself, telling it to come out so I could catch it and let it go free. Ha ha.
That's three problems solved within the last two days, two with the help of netizens and one by my little old self. I get so much good help on the net, it's amazing.
I must tell you it's a huge relief, didn't know how long I was going to have to put up with it or what it would take to solve that one. Wonder if I had gotten an animal trapper if he would have figured it out.

You posted a question that was obviously fun for many of us.