norris

hi i have bought a cylinder qualcost mover. however when i cut my lawn
am left with long grass which is pushed down by the front roller. thi is now becoming patchy all over my lawn. the grass itself is not like the majority of my lawn more field like it would be to much trouble to take out. my previous mover the rotar type cut with no problems.
do you have any solutions
-- Norris Mclean
Norris Mclean wrote:

I don't even know what a "cylinder qualcost mover" is.????
on 8/26/2007 7:10 PM do snipped-for-privacy@do.com said the following:

a mover. Thirdly, Cylinder is the type of cutting blades. Fourthly, it is a UK product, so we in the colonies wouldn't know of it. http://www.qualcast.co.uk/cylinder /
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

In other words, it's a reel mower in a new package?
on 8/26/2007 7:52 PM do snipped-for-privacy@do.com said the following:

Yep. Sounds like a powered reel mower which, unlike rotary blade mowers, does not lift the grass blades.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Ha! I thought I had problems!!! maybe he should be lecturing you guys on your "NEW fancy rotary blade" mowers and they don't make 'em the way they used to in the 18th century!
grin.. Clark

reel mowers are good at cutting short grass. doesn't do good on tall grass. like you have noticed it pushes over long grass and doesn't cut it well. how long is the grass and how long are you trying to cut it?