New toy

Sprung for a 500,000 btu "weed torch" from Ace hardware. Watch out thistle - here I come !! I know - it's a little overkill but that's the only model they had in stock - and I am hot to trot. (so to speak)
Srgnt Billko wrote:

I been meaning to get one for years, Imagine the stories I'd have for the group. Think how quick you could cook a burger! Seriously I don't think I could trust myself with one.
I can here it now, Stop chasing the cat with that thing!!!
Clark
Will burn pine sticks? Nevermind ;-)
Srgnt Billko said:

Damn. What a let-down. I thought for sure the body of the post was gonna have a link to a gourd gun. =/
You coulda got a bigger one at a WWII surplus store. Torch the whole patch from the back porch. ;)
--

Eggs

- Reset Universe? (Y)es (N)o

What did they burn ? Kerosene ? Someone recently mentioned that there were domestic kero torches years ago.
Srgnt Billko said:

Depending on the (US) model, either gasoline (M1), or gasoline thickened with napalm (M1A1 which shot further, and well, you can imagine the rest ;) ). The propellant was usually compressed nitrogen. You could probably find one of the mechanized ones (for mounting on a vehicle, like... say... a tractor, HEH) at a military salvage yard. =D
Could be the start of a whole industry, Sarge. I think you should go for it. =)
--

Eggs

Is it possible to be totally partial?

I have a few of those cheap ($10) dollies. I'll mount the 20#er on one of those. So far it looks like the torch is adjustable but since I'll be tempted to *max* I don't think the one pound bottles would last long. But since I "lug" chain saws around (including a 20"), I don't see it as a huge problem.
Srgnt Billko said:

WWII throwers lasted only about 10-11 seconds, wide open. I can't imagine how intense that would be. =)
--

Eggs

-I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy.