New sod care

I'm having a new lawn sodded and I currently get my lawn cut every other week. My "cutter" (not the guys doing the sod) tells me that with new sod it has to be cut every week. Any truth to that?

Thanks.

Arnie

Reply to
Arnie

First, I'd follow the directions of the sod installers, not the guy that mows your grass. Any grass should be cut as often as it needs to be, which is going to vary depending on the type of grass and environment, which we have no way of knowing. A lawn somewhere where it's a cool overcast Fall now is going to be growing a lot slower than somewhere where it's warm and sunny. Ideally, each mowing should remove no more than 1/3 of the grass height.

Reply to
trader4

Where are you located and what variety of grass are you having installed?

Reply to
Kyle Boatright