New lawnmower, any tips?

Hi All,
My lawnmower's given up the ghost after a few years, so need to get another one. It was an electric rotary which seemed to the job on my smallish (100 square meters) lawn.
Now I hate mowing the lawn with an absolute passion! It is without a job the chore I dislike the most, mainly because of the odd shape of our lawn. It's not a nice neat rectangle, but a hotch potch of random bits stuck together and hence I have the cable is always getting taffled up either in my legs or shrubs.
I reckon a petrol mower would be a little excessive for our size lawn, and as it's not a straight up and down job, would possibly be even more awkward than an electric mower.
Has anyone got any suggestions? Not looking to spend more than 100 ideally.
Thanks,
Dom
--
Dr_Pips

Dr_Pips said:

They do make cordless electric mowers at different price points, but I don't know about price and availability in the UK.
Spend enough to get the right tool and it will make the job less of a burden.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."
Dr_Pips;959608 Wrote: > Hi All,

> another one. It was an electric rotary which seemed to the job on my > smallish (100 square meters) lawn.

> job the chore I dislike the most, mainly because of the odd shape of our > lawn. It's not a nice neat rectangle, but a hotch potch of random bits > stuck together and hence I have the cable is always getting taffled up > either in my legs or shrubs.

> and as it's not a straight up and down job, would possibly be even more > awkward than an electric mower.

> ideally.

I know absolutely nothing about them but have you considered a rechargable electric mower since you dislike the cable Here's one Eckman 24-volt Rechargeable Lawn Mower in Garden, Accessories and Spring | Telegraph Shop
--
allen73

On Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:41:43 PM UTC-4, Dr_Pips wrote:

Check the post of the guy here selling the Worx mower. Should be good for you if he is in UK.