new gardener

I have some spare time, and thought I might try my hand at improving my back yard space. I have zero experience with plants. Is there any recommendable book(s) that could get me started? I live in san jose, ca if that makes a difference.

Reply to
Adam Russell

Cheaper than a book ($15/yr), and much more info available in their databases and forums.

Depends on what you want to plant, really. Some plants are much easier to grow, than others, obviously. Give DG a look, and see if it helps you decide just what you'd like to grow.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly