Neighbor's dog crapping in my yard

Page 2 of 2
For an added incentive, if you have a video camera, get pictures of the dog on your property.

The problem I see with that system is you have to live next door to this guy, or gal, how do you do it? now every time your kids ride their bikes up his/her driveway they bitch, I love dogs, but not this one, I want to find a way to "take the mutt out" I have one next door that barks from the minute she is let out until gramma remembers she let the dog out and lets it back in. I mean this stupid thing barks at everything, bugs, leaves, I'm not talking 5-10 minutes, I'm talking 25 to 30 minutes at a crack five or six times a day. When asked why you let your dog bark so long the answer I got was "that's what dogs do!" it's her exercise! OH, I forgot to mention that this mutt paces the fence too. OH, for a 22. cal slug in it's head.....

Call the animal control people in your area. There are ordinances relating to barking dogs. I know that a 22 will feel satisfying, but in most areas you will be arrested. Now, if your goal was to get away from the barking dog, that will work, but then you will have a criminal record and a reputation for animal cruelty . . . . no matter how bad the animal needed 'correction'. But again, it is not the animal per-se that is at fault, it is the owners who let the dog bark for that long.
Do you have the woman's phone number? Call her every five minutes while the dog is barking to remind her that the police might be interested that she is disturbing the peace.
Do you have a super soaker? If she won't or can't train the dog, a squirt of water should work when the dog barks.
Before you do any thing get video. It might help with your defence, if it comes to that.

I had a similar problem. After I put a couple of beebee's in the dog's hind end, he never came back.

Dude, this is an easy fix.
I had a neighbor who always let her mut crap on my lawn. I met her out there one afternoon and I told her that I was going in for lunch. I told her that I was going to make a BLT sandwich, and come out and pour all of the bacon grease on her dogs turd, and tomorrow at this time, her dog is going to come by and eat it.
She returned with a bag and cleaned up her dogs mess and never came by after that. She also told me that I was disgusting. Oh wellllll !
You have to decide your comfort level dealing with the animal. Ground beef with rat poison, 12 guage, punji sticks, bbgun, electricity, sprinkler on a timer, a new fence, or buying a big dog yourself? Lots of creative options, but when you decide, try to remember that the animal doesn't know any better. .02
I'd try that legal route myself.
Jibby wrote:

there is a mastif that likes to crap big in my yard , crap usually doesnt bother me but i got my pellet rifle(not to powerful) out in the am when i drink coffee on the pourch and shot her in the hind leg right in the middle of a good dump. after 2 shots i saw her crappin in the feild across the way. lucas
"Jibby" wrote

A long time ago, we had some neighbors that came from which was East Germany. They weren't familiar with indoor plumbing, and would defecate where ever they happened to be. They did get _trained_ after being familiarized with American ways.
I guess my point is, just be thankful it's a dog, and not human feces.

Feed the dog some sponges that have been soaked in bacon grease. If that doesn't work, give the dog some automotive antifreeze in its water. Wafarin works well, too.

Kill the dog and get a big ass lawsuit on your hands. Gee, that's GREAT advice.
Did you wipe your ass after you hatched that idea?????

mention a "Hot water heater" in subject line here if you want to wake him up... has a mind of a 10 year old...

I want Oscar for my neighbor. He knows the RIGHT way to terminate vermin, and cause their owners the CORRECT amount of heartbreak.

You a first class a-hole Doug. <Plonk>

You won't filter me. You'll be back. You cannot resist.

I'll bet she has a dog that she lets crap all over her neighbor's yard, or she keeps it in a cage and ignores its continuous barking for attention.
Dog owners like her need to lose their dogs.

You could shoot the dog or your neighbors. You could call the police so they could have a good laugh. And when the police come leave my name out of it.
But if you want to be a real prick,go to redsavina.com and buy one pound of ground Red Savina Habenero Peppers. Wear a pair of painter's gloves underneath a pair of dish washing gloves, protective eye glasses, and a painter's mask befor you handle this stuff. Then sprinkle it on your side of the property line and in the areas the dog tends to crap the most. Don't bother laying it out thick cause a thinnly laid wide line is all you need.
Go inside, put away the ground pepper, pour hot soapy water in the sink, put the dish washing gloves in the hot soapy water along with the protective eyeware, and throw the mask and the other gloves in the garbage. Now wash your hands in another sink. Then wash your face.
Now sit by a window to watch the dog piss or crap in your yard. And listen for the screaching cry of pain. That dog ain't never commin back.
The first year I planted those Habenero peppers around the edge of my neighbor's garden, the rabbits and the deer went elsewhere. That shit burns.
Dick

Oh shit, I forgot my favorite remedy. Buy a bunch of needles and plant them blunt edge down. Not only will the dog get on in his paw, but if your asshole neighbor comes over with bare feet of mocassins ..... :)
And one more. Get a pooper scooper and toss the shit onto his deck or into his pool or better yet right outside his door.
It's unfortunate that traps are illegal. However, if you live in Florida, you could call your local Rent-a-Gator franchise and put one of those suckers on a chain leash in your yard. Alligators are more effective than boa constrictors cause the boa could slither into your house by accident and then ....
If it's a small dog, you could plant some giant Venus Fly Traps.
There must be a clause in the Americans with Disabilities Act that will protect you if the owner gets pissed with you.
Oh before I forget - put some NRA membership stickers where your neighbor can see them. If fireworks are legal where you live, you could always throw cherry bombs at the dog.
I am not out of ideas, I'm just tired. Please remember "Do not mention my name at your trial".
Dick

This is the only idea that's not so hot. A cop friend says those stickers are a big help to thieves. They say "Guns here. Steal us." They may not break into your house (for obvious reasons), but some thieves are stupid enough to break into your car while you're sleeping. Even if you don't leave guns there (which you should not), you're still stuck with lots of broken glass and paying the deductible.