Neighbor's dog crapping in my yard

Sometimes, we step into logic traps. You just did that.

Scenario: You open the newspaper and read that two toddlers were found dead after ingesting toxic cleaning products while their parents were busy watching "The Price is Right" on TV two rooms away. You scream bloody murder to a friend about this. The friend says "Some just don't realize the problems their toxic cleaning products might cause for toddlers".

You say:

"Bullshit. They had no business caring for children".

Don't deny it. That is exactly what you'd say. So, using YOUR logic, some people have no business owning dogs.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I want Oscar for my neighbor. He knows the RIGHT way to terminate vermin, and cause their owners the CORRECT amount of heartbreak.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Whatever. I have no idea what kids ingesting toxic chemicals has to do with dog poop. That's a big leap in irresponsible parenting.

Reply to
Heidi the Horrible

You a first class a-hole Doug.

Reply to
Heidi the Horrible

Slow down, Heidi. My point was obvious. You allow that it might be OK for a dog owner to say "Duh...I didn't know it was a problem for my dog to be let out without a leash". That is no different than a parent saying "Duh....I didn't know it was a problem to leave 6 kinds of toxic cleaning products accessible to 3 toddlers". In the second example, you would say "Well....your kids are in the hospital, you are a moron, and if the world were run correctly, you never should've been allowed to have kids".

In the first example, you give the dog owner some slack for some reason. This is what dog owners depend on to get away with their antics. Why this is, I have no idea, except that people seem to make allowances for "cuteness" or something. "Oh...the dog didn't know it was causing a problem". Irrelevant. The dog, being mindless, is an extension of its owner. No different than a car or a gun.

If you get drunk and hit a pedestrian with your car, you get arrested. If you shoot an innocent person, you get arrested (and only idiots blame the gun). If you throw household trash onto your neighbor's lawn, the cops will stop by and hassle you, and maybe even arrest you, depending on your attitude. Why are the rules different if someone uses a dog to spread trash?

It's called civil trespass, by the way.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

You won't filter me. You'll be back. You cannot resist.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Irresponsible dog owners make me sick.

It isn't the dog's fault, but the dog has to be taught or terminated.

Maybe if the dog gets termininated, it will get the attention of the stupid owner.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

I'll bet she has a dog that she lets crap all over her neighbor's yard, or she keeps it in a cage and ignores its continuous barking for attention.

Dog owners like her need to lose their dogs.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Applause.

Reply to
Steveo

Which is absolutely correct.

Reply to
Noozer

Right. See? Heidi was named after some fairy-tale character, and as a result, lives in a fantasy world. She doesn't get it.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

You could shoot the dog or your neighbors. You could call the police so they could have a good laugh. And when the police come leave my name out of it.

But if you want to be a real prick,go to redsavina.com and buy one pound of ground Red Savina Habenero Peppers. Wear a pair of painter's gloves underneath a pair of dish washing gloves, protective eye glasses, and a painter's mask befor you handle this stuff. Then sprinkle it on your side of the property line and in the areas the dog tends to crap the most. Don't bother laying it out thick cause a thinnly laid wide line is all you need.

Go inside, put away the ground pepper, pour hot soapy water in the sink, put the dish washing gloves in the hot soapy water along with the protective eyeware, and throw the mask and the other gloves in the garbage. Now wash your hands in another sink. Then wash your face.

Now sit by a window to watch the dog piss or crap in your yard. And listen for the screaching cry of pain. That dog ain't never commin back.

The first year I planted those Habenero peppers around the edge of my neighbor's garden, the rabbits and the deer went elsewhere. That shit burns.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Oh shit, I forgot my favorite remedy. Buy a bunch of needles and plant them blunt edge down. Not only will the dog get on in his paw, but if your asshole neighbor comes over with bare feet of mocassins ..... :)

And one more. Get a pooper scooper and toss the shit onto his deck or into his pool or better yet right outside his door.

It's unfortunate that traps are illegal. However, if you live in Florida, you could call your local Rent-a-Gator franchise and put one of those suckers on a chain leash in your yard. Alligators are more effective than boa constrictors cause the boa could slither into your house by accident and then ....

If it's a small dog, you could plant some giant Venus Fly Traps.

There must be a clause in the Americans with Disabilities Act that will protect you if the owner gets pissed with you.

Oh before I forget - put some NRA membership stickers where your neighbor can see them. If fireworks are legal where you live, you could always throw cherry bombs at the dog.

I am not out of ideas, I'm just tired. Please remember "Do not mention my name at your trial".

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

This is the only idea that's not so hot. A cop friend says those stickers are a big help to thieves. They say "Guns here. Steal us." They may not break into your house (for obvious reasons), but some thieves are stupid enough to break into your car while you're sleeping. Even if you don't leave guns there (which you should not), you're still stuck with lots of broken glass and paying the deductible.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

For an added incentive, if you have a video camera, get pictures of the dog on your property.

Reply to
Frank Rosenbaum

Reply to
Gntry

Call the animal control people in your area. There are ordinances relating to barking dogs. I know that a 22 will feel satisfying, but in most areas you will be arrested. Now, if your goal was to get away from the barking dog, that will work, but then you will have a criminal record and a reputation for animal cruelty . . . . no matter how bad the animal needed 'correction'. But again, it is not the animal per-se that is at fault, it is the owners who let the dog bark for that long.

Do you have the woman's phone number? Call her every five minutes while the dog is barking to remind her that the police might be interested that she is disturbing the peace.

Do you have a super soaker? If she won't or can't train the dog, a squirt of water should work when the dog barks.

Before you do any thing get video. It might help with your defence, if it comes to that.

Reply to
Frank Rosenbaum

I had a similar problem. After I put a couple of beebee's in the dog's hind end, he never came back.

immediately.

Reply to
Doug Eilertson

Dude, this is an easy fix.

I had a neighbor who always let her mut crap on my lawn. I met her out there one afternoon and I told her that I was going in for lunch. I told her that I was going to make a BLT sandwich, and come out and pour all of the bacon grease on her dogs turd, and tomorrow at this time, her dog is going to come by and eat it.

She returned with a bag and cleaned up her dogs mess and never came by after that. She also told me that I was disgusting. Oh wellllll !

Reply to
dave