need help with scorched winter lawn

it's winter time, and i noticed that my lawn is scorched. It's a St. Augustine lawn. The grass blades are completely brown. This occurs Not just on little patches, but the entire lawn is scorched. I just applied Scotts Turfbuilder about a month ago and from what I read, I should not apply too much every week. The lawn gets water once every day about 530 am.
What are some good solutions to bring the lawn back to its green color again?
I lived in Florida for seven years with St Augustine and hated it. It usually goes dormant every winter at least in northern FL. Where do you live? Sounds like you are drowning it to death. If it is just dormant it will come back in the spring (usually). If you live in a part of the country that support other grasses, why not switch. Have you talked to a local Lawn and Garden center for advice?

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I dunno squat about that turf but I do know you only need to feed it about every five to six weeks at the most, with irrigation. (at label rate) Any more than that and you better be incorporating a fungicide program too.
Even though this winter is relatively warm/hot, the grass is going dormant by virtue of its genetic code during this time of year. Continued dumping of chemicals, wasting water may result in unwanted things in spring. Save the water and chemicals for spring. Stop wasting water, look up "drought" at google. Do some research on fertilizer runoff and what is does to water enviroments.
Jonny
< snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
hello,
thanks for the answer. It strikes me as odd that my lawn and my neighbor's lawn are the only ones on the street to be scorched. That's what my concern was. We've just built on the lot about 8 months ago. The new sod may have something to do with it, but I have no idea.