need help with craftsman mower

Hello, I called sears parts and they can't tell me. I bought a riding mower at a auction cheap it did not have a engine i just thought i would put one on it, any way i need to know what it had, all sears could tell me was it was a briggs and stratton the decals are torn off, the model number is 917.252933 it has a 44 inch deck and a varidrive trans. sears was able to give me the engine model number also 4027070132-07 but that is all the info i have other than it is an older model silver-gray with red strip if anyone can identifiy this for me please email me thanks

Reply to
GARAGE OWL

Doug G

Thanks Doug you found out more info in a few minutes than sears knew. Thanks again for your help

Reply to
GARAGE OWL

I found a couple of these engines on Ebay

Bubba

Reply to
Bubba