Need help identifying species of Manzanita

Anyone recognize what species of manzanita this could be? The bush is about 3 years old, 5-ft in height.
http://imageshack.us/f/51/gedc0733.jpg
Before I hit every one of the 76 species on this page, I thought I would see if anyone might recognize what species of manzanita this is.
http://plants.usda.gov/java/ClassificationServlet?source=profile&symbol=ARCTO3&display=63 Location is western Calif. Thanks in advance.
Bob
PS -- Hard to tell from the photo -- the leave are in bunches of 4 with a thorn in the middle. Each group of 4 alternates on opposite sides of the branch. Branches are reddish brown and green mixed together (photo is pretty true). Oh, and the thorns are sharp (YEOOOOOWW!!!)