Need help identifying species of Manzanita

Anyone recognize what species of manzanita this could be? The bush is = about 3 years old, 5-ft in height.

I hit every one of the 76 species on this page, I thought I would = see if anyone might recognize what species of manzanita this is.

is western Calif. Thanks in advance.

Bob

Reply to
Guv Bob

PS -- Hard to tell from the photo -- the leave are in bunches of 4 with = a thorn in the middle. Each group of 4 alternates on opposite sides of = the branch. Branches are reddish brown and green mixed together (photo = is pretty true). Oh, and the thorns are sharp (YEOOOOOWW!!!)