Need a New Blower

Well, my electric blower that is 12 years old is finally dying. Does anyone have experience with gas ones or should I stay with electric? Any recommendations?
Thanks!!
I bought a Ryobi 2 cycle gas blower 3 years ago and I would recommend it. I use different attachements for edging and hedge trimming.

anyone
Electric vs. gas-powered? Hmmmmm........
Electric blowers are great (except for the long cord) and they provide a consistent air speed. They're great for the low (but not very quiet) noise level when operating and will last a long time. They're also light-weight and easily handled when used properly, and are easy on the wallet.
Gas-powered blowers are (some) variable speed but very noisy and should last many years when properly maintained. They're usually priced more than electric ones.
If you have a small area to maintain, then go with the electric one; large area (+1 acre), go with a gas-powered model.

anyone
Highly recommend Ryobi .. . but I understand MTD has bought up the U.S. versions. Caveat emptor.

Definitely gas. For a handheld blower, I would recommend Stihl. We have the Stihl BG 85 C, and love it Here's a link: http://www.stihlusa.com/blowers/BG85C.html

anyone