Need a New Blower

Well, my electric blower that is 12 years old is finally dying. Does anyone have experience with gas ones or should I stay with electric? Any recommendations?

Thanks!!

Reply to
Joe V

I bought a Ryobi 2 cycle gas blower 3 years ago and I would recommend it. I use different attachements for edging and hedge trimming.

Reply to
News Man

Electric vs. gas-powered? Hmmmmm........

Electric blowers are great (except for the long cord) and they provide a consistent air speed. They're great for the low (but not very quiet) noise level when operating and will last a long time. They're also light-weight and easily handled when used properly, and are easy on the wallet.

Gas-powered blowers are (some) variable speed but very noisy and should last many years when properly maintained. They're usually priced more than electric ones.

Reply to
evolutionman 2004

Highly recommend Ryobi .. . but I understand MTD has bought up the U.S. versions. Caveat emptor.

Reply to
Bill Freeman

Reply to
Probably