Natural ant killer

Anybody ever heard of using grits to kill an ant mound? Co-worker of mine says the ants will feed it to the queen. Grits expand inside queen. Queen dead. I'm in Georgia. Figured that "southern" ants should "love" grits. Hehe. Seriously, though. Anybody know if this works??
The Addison's wrote:

You will hear all the time of people swearing by it, except for one problem...adult ants, especially fire ants do not eat on solid foods. Larger food particles are fed to the larva who in turn regurgitate the processed food matter into a form adult ants can swallow, pretty much a liquid diet. If there was exploding insects it would be in the larval stage which in turn on average would take over two weeks for the colony to die out from attrition, except claims are for a very fast control.
Lar

Why not try it, and let us kow how it worked? It's got to be safer and kinder and cheaper to the evironment than gasoline.

Naw, a myth that just ain't so. Same for the myth that birds eat rice thrown at a wedding and will swell up & die. Just ain't so - they eat wild rice all the time. Grits are just fine ground corn, a favorite food of ants.
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 22:14:53 -0400, "The Addison's"

A quick google search resulted in this page:
http://www.urlbee.com?11548
There seems to be much information on the web about ants and grits.
later,
tom
The Addison's wrote:

I replaced my hot water heater a few years back and when I did I noticed the manual, or maybe a tag, or sticker suggested draining from time to time to keep sediment from building up on the bottom and causing it to rust out faster than normal. About a week after that I found a huge ant mound in the back yard. I drained 30 gallons of 145 degree water onto it. They have not yet come back. I hope the worms enjoyed blanched ant. Come to think of it I should probably drain the heater again.
--
Art

Art said:

Who heats hot water? =P
--

Eggs

-I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through...
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

After it gets hot, it has to heat it to keep it there?
--
Art

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:05:26 -0600, Eggs Zachtly

People who want it really hot.