narrow-leaved weeds

Ther seems to be no end of weedkillers for broad-leaved weeds. What is there for narrow-leaved ones ? (of which my lawns has an abundant crop !)
Add pictures here
✖
On Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:58:54 AM UTC-4, Jim Hawkins wrote:

A broader spectrum week killer such as will also do in crab grass may work. You may need to identify the weed and check with the manufacturer. The big companies will have their labels on line and phone numbers to call for guidance.
I've got a Japanese stilt grass infestation which they will not touch but on discussion with garden shop found that it will respond to pre-emergents. Someone in this group was kind enough to identify my problem by looking at and responding to picture at url I had posted.
Add pictures here
✖
Frank wrote:

A broader spectrum week killer such as ???

Add pictures here
✖
On 8/22/2012 3:35 PM, Jim Hawkins wrote:

Something like this Ortho product:
http://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/productTemplate.jsp?proId=prod70146&itemId Êt50064
They say it kills over 225 weeds but only lists about 1/5 of them on the label. That is why you should identify your weed to see if it is there and if not call them and ask. I believe it was Ortho I talked to about my Japanese stilt grass problem.
Add pictures here
✖

Agree. The easiest thing to do is try a broadleaf weed killer like WeedBGone and see if it works. If they are really weeds, it's likely it will work. On the other hand, if it's some kind of undesirable grass, then most likely it isn't going to work. If WBG doesn't work, you could also try one of the other weed killers targeted for clover, oxalis, etc as it may be effective
Add pictures here
✖
On 8/23/2012 10:37 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

It's the Weed-B-Gone plus crabgrass control that might do it. Probably would not hurt in just trying it without identifying weed. You can always use it on the dandelions etc.
Add pictures here
✖