Mystery Foam Growth in Grass

I have this substance that is in my lawn, in a few places. In the past, I have seen a spot or two, this week about 5. It starts like a yellow foam, then turns into a clump of yellow "stuff". I've taken a few photos....any idea what this is.

Mbt6

Fungus.

Reply to
Steveo

Slime mold.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

Specifically, Physarum polycephalum. It's actually a single cell, with millions of nuclei. It'll turn brown in a couple days, and any disturbance will release a cloud of spores. Unsightly, but harmless. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly