My Winter Escape: Planning My Tomato Garden

I live in Philly and we are in the midst of a blizzard, with 20 inches of snow already and still falling! But I'm getting a little spring fever as I am planning my garden and shopping online for seeds. I'll be starting my tomato plants early indoors, so it's almost time to plant! I can't wait. www.TomatoGrowing.info
Me too!!! I`m in va. and we have 14 in. of snow and it`s still coming down. It doesn`t look like it now but we will have sunshine again. Hang in there

That is exciting. Last year, we started a garden but never took care of it. This year, we're going to put more effort into it. I hope we'll be started our planning soon too!
I am in Michigan and we got a big snow storm as well.

When do you start your seeds? When do you set them outside?

Sounds fun i love the snow!!! when do you start planting?
Thats great I also start my garden inside before the snow melts. I hope we have better luck with our seedlings this year than we did last year.

I live in northern Delaware but due to encroaching shade and deer, put tomatoes and peppers in containers on deck and get a much better start with seedlings from store. Since peppers take a little longer, I believe it was about this time of year, I would start them. Sort of hoping with all this snow, nature may thin the deer herd. I've even had to net off an ivy bed that they were killing.
On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 06:22:26 -0800 (PST), dave213

I found this guy last year but it was too late to do anything with it. This year I'm going to try some of his varieties and instructions:
http://www.tomatobob.com /
I have no commercial or other involvement. It just looked like a good site.