Mushrooms in my lawn

I had the realtor come up this last weekend, and she noticed mushrooms in my lawn (id never noticed them before), she tells me thats a sign of healthy soil? If it is I dont know how it became healthy, I dont hardly fertilize my lawn, and I do nothing special to it, except douse it with water when I can to try and keep as much of it green as possible.

But is it really a sign of healthy soil? Or is it an old wives tale?

Reply to
GamePlayer No. 1058

Mushrooms are caused by organic matter ( usually wood ) decomposing in the soil. When the environmental conditions are right they will just show up. They do not care how healthy your soil is.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

It's an old Realtor's tale.