Mushrooms in lawn

HELP!!! Does ANYONE have any advice on how to rid my lawn of mushrooms. Just put down new sod in April and they are popping up everywhere. According to internet sites, fungicides will not work. Any suggestions??? THANKS ....Lynn
John & Lynette wrote:

Fungus happens.
Your new sod from April should have started to establish roots by now. Gradually change from the daily watering that new sod needs to establish itself to a goal of one watering of a full inch per week that a mature lawn needs. Taking away the constant moisture will take away the conditions that result in mushrooms.
The spores are always going to be there. Like I said, fungus happens. But if you don't set-up the conditions they need, they'll never turn into mushrooms, so it won't matter if the spores are there.
Note that the details of exactly what you should do right now depends on where you live in this world, what kind of grass the sod is, and what you've been doing as far as watering and mowing up to now. I've outlined the general direction, but more specific instructions require more specific information.
--
Warren H.

John & Lynette wrote:

Put down some *real* lime, not powdered limestone. You can buy it in tile stores for about $5 per 50 lb bag. Do this Spring and Fall. You will have far less mushrooms next year and none the year after.

A pure, perfect lawn is usually a poisoned lawn. Relax and put up with a little variety.
The response citing watering was correct. Mushrooms are a sign of excess watering. That is perfectly normal, since you have new sod. As you cut back the watering, the mushrooms will diminish.