Mushrooms

How do you get rid of mushrooms growing in your grass...I hava a crescent shaped patch I can't get rid of and I need some ideas on how to kill these things, short of using Roundup.

Thanks.

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry Campbell

First don't use round up ever on your lawn. My experience with it has made feel using a gallon of gass and a match would have been less distructive in killing a weed. ;)

Are you providing them with good source of water and food? They might just breaking down thick thatch, or wood. Prevention might be your best bet.

later,

tom

****************
*********************************** Our Latest site:
- Hospital Jobs Classifieds. *******************************************************************************
Reply to
junkmail01

Doug G

Sounds like there was a tree in that spot and the mushrooms are the result of organic debris left in the soil..also known as fairy ring.

The only real cure is to dig down and remove whatever is rotting in the soil. Round up won't help.

Reply to
Steveo

Reply to
evolutionman 2004

I read somewhere that plug aerating can help. Has to be plug type aerating. Some of my neihbours have those fairy rings on their front lawn. Looks like they are hosting the Olympics!

Reply to
Dave