mums

HI, I have a question about mums? I have several in pots, they get enough sun and I water everyday but they are turning brown (the flowers) and I have pinched the heads. no new heads have come back yet. The leaves and stems are fine, just brown flowers. Am I doing something wrong?

Depending on the weather, it make take several weeks to rebloom after deadheading. If you're north, some species are going dormant already. Might be too late. :-(