Mulching? Craftsman

Hi I just got a used mower from my sis-in-law. It is a Craftsman model # 917.377530 with a B&S 6hp gold engine, bagger mulch. She didnt have the manual. Ive googled but not getting much. Sears site not working for me. What I would like to know is if there needs to be anything done to it to mulch? There is a metal flap on rear that opens to attatch bag. On some mowers there is a 'plug' at times that needs to be placed to mulch. Does this mower need a 'plug'? Thank You Ray
http://www3.sears.com not working either?
If it loads, search for 917.377530 on it.
At any rate, if the moder deck does not have a grass deflector and is a solid deck then no, there's nothing that needs plugged. Just leave the bag off.
Here are the two images from Sears in case you need them.
http://www.hildenbrands.com/temp/m1.jpg
http://www.hildenbrands.com/temp/m2.jpg
QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:

Thank you The pictures work. The site you gave I can get there its when I put the model# in, then click, I get a pop-up "Site cant be reached" Thanks again for your help.
Ray

Don't believe the bagging system is needed for mulching on a rear exit mower. Why would Sears sell a mower that different than the rest of the available push mowers? Easy way to find out is to use it. Dave
on 9/26/2007 9:37 PM Dave said the following:

The rear discharge mower mulches with the flap closed, or bags with the flap open and the bag attached. Raising the flap without the bag attached will throw cut grass all over your feet, or worse, rocks, 12" pine sticks, or other injurious debris.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 9/26/2007 9:39 PM, willshak wrote: