Muffler for Tecumseh motor

My old Sears mower makes a lot of noise. Years ago I replaced the "spark arrester" thinking it was a blown muffler. It's not. Now I'd like to find a real muffler. Somebody out there must have solved this problem.

Probably not, and some newer engines have a warning about modifying the exhaust and voiding the warranty, something to do with proper back pressure.
Honda makes a fairly quiet 4 stroke in comparison.
Steveo wrote:
<...>

Assuming the Honda motor would fit in my Sears tractor, do you think it could be made to drive the belt? I don't mind drilling alternate holes in the frame to mount the motor.
Stubby wrote:

The idea is to get one with same crankshaft dimensions as your current engine. Then you could re-use the existing pulley or clutch or whatever attaches to the current engine.
--
Art