MTD 5/24 Track Snowblower--- Any good?

I have an opportunity to pick up an MTD 5/24 Track Drive Snowblower, for a very resonable price. Could someone give me their opinion as to whether it is any good.

I have a 8/24 Toro wheel drive, and it is just too much snowblower. I was looking for something smaller and this fell into my lap. There are a million MTD snowblowers out there, so they must be OK,,, Just don't know if the 5 hp motor is enough for a foot or so of snow.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Dave

Reply to
dave

Your 8/24 Toro will handle a foot, or 2 inches of snow. Do you want to trade a machine too big for a machine too small? I mean, don't you just love blowing snow onto your neighbors yard? I'm not impressed with track drive blowers.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

Well that was really my question. Is this big enough? A few years we got hammered, but usually it will be 6-8" maybe 6 times a year. The Toro is a pain to wrestle around.

Reply to
dave

If you are willing to settle for less machine than you have now, it will take longer to move the snow. Only you can decide if a smaller-easier to use machine is worth it to you. But an MTD-track drive??...that would not be my first choice. Better to go with a smaller Toro.

Reply to
GrtArtiste