mower deck

I just bought a new tractor,Cub cadet slt1550. The tractor is working great for me except for the deck wash system. It doesnt work so I take the deck off and wash it down with a garden hose. I will take the deck off for winter and clean and paint it. Is there and type of coating to go over the paint to help stop the grass build up and protect the bottom of the deck.

Dear Christmas Turkey, No !
Wax or cooking spray?
Rich wrote:

Not really. The dirt sucked up by the blades will sand it off in quick order. I use a power washer to clean off the top of the deck and a scraper to clean the grass clumps from underneath.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY