Mesquite Tree Help

Location = Victorville, California. High Desert. I have a 3 year old Honey Mesquite tree that appears to have had a hard winter. We had a heavy snow load this winter that a one point had the tree laying on the ground. I removed the snow and kept it off, so it was only bent over a few hours total. I do not believe that the temp was ever below 0deg. At this point in the year I also do not think we have had 2 solid weeks of 70deg days. Some of the nodes appear to have large cracks in them and alot of the smaller branches are light brown and brittle. The main trunk and 4 main branches are still greenish and seem to be alive. No new growth though. Hard to believe I may have lost this tree. All my cacti, yuccas and succulents made it with min. damage. Any thoughts on if I should cut it back to good wood or keep waiting for even warmer weather? I'm sure it was growing strong this time last year, but this has been cooler. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Troy

Time to fire up the BBQ grill!!!
That is a great thought and the reason I have the tree. I have been using the trimmings from training the tree for smokin wood for years. Steaks off the grill are great this way and the brisket out of the smoker even better. Some of the reasons I do not have a problem with cutting it way back if it would help. At this point I'm going to wait and see where if any new growth starts then trim. Its always been a very forgiving tree to my cutting habits. :-) Thanks
The tree will come back. My experience with mesquite here in Texas is that they are almost impossible to kill. Just be patient.
Jim