Memorial Day reason

not just to cook out. My oldest son spent 6 years in the U.S. Navy where he got his start in computers that lead to a successful business. My oldest brother was carreer U.S. Coast Guard. My favorite nephew also U.S. Coast Guard currently active reserve (nearly 20 years) - and his dad served in the U.S. Navy - and my other sister's hubby served in the U.S. Navy also. Don't bite the hand that's feeding you - and if anyone attempts to tear it (our flag) down, shoot them on the spot (an old U.S. slogan).

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Memorial Day is day of remembrance for those that made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Please pass on my thanks to your kin for their service- Veterans Day is their day.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

USN retired after 20 years active duty. I didn't spend 20 years in the military to shoot someone for their expression of their opinion. No matter how much it emmotionally hurts me for someone burn a representation of that idea (U.S. flag/ensign) of freedom of expression of opinion (speech).

This country is abound in leeches of all forms. Whether they are speculators of oil and food, or, welfare recepients who are able bodied/mentally and emmotionally fit. And all things in-between.

I treasure all expressing/voicing their opinion, it made my tour of duty worthwhile. Thanks for yours.

Reply to
Dioclese