Lowes Garden Cart Recall

FYI In July of 03, I bought a Garden Cart in Lowes. It was yellow with drop down sides. Picture here:

recently received a recall notice for it because of a defect in wheel construction which may cause the wheel to fly apart if overinflated (there are 5 nuts and bolts holding the two halves of the wheel together). The recall refers to wheels not having a washer on the outside of the wheel. The description as to the location of this 'washer' is vague. There are no washers on the nuts and bolts or anywhere else I can see. Lowes Recall page:
recall only applies to those carts sold between March 2003 and October 2004 at Lowes. I called the Lowes recall hotline today and they will ship 4 new wheels and tires to me within 6 to 8 weeks (they are backordered). I asked where this washer was supposed to be and the operator would not say. It seemed she wanted me to just say "No, there is no washer", so I would be eligible for the recall. As far as I know, this recall only applies to carts purchased at Lowes during that period. I have seen this type of cart at Home Depot, and perhaps they may be at some other garden stores, but I don't know if they have a recall on their carts, or if they are made by the same manufacturer.

Reply to
willshak

FYI In July of 03, I bought a Garden Cart in Lowes. It was yellow with drop down sides. Picture here:

recently received a recall notice for it because of a defect in wheel construction which may cause the wheel to fly apart if overinflated (there are 5 nuts and bolts holding the two halves of the wheel together). The recall refers to wheels not having a washer on the outside of the wheel. The description as to the location of this 'washer' is vague. There are no washers on the nuts and bolts or anywhere else I can see. Lowes Recall page:

The recall only applies to those carts sold between March 2003 and October 2004 at Lowes. I called the Lowes recall hotline today and they will ship 4 new wheels and tires to me within 6 to 8 weeks (they are backordered). I asked where this washer was supposed to be and the operator would not say. It seemed she wanted me to just say "No, there is no washer", so I would be eligible for the recall. As far as I know, this recall only applies to carts purchased at Lowes during that period. I have seen this type of cart at Home Depot, and perhaps they may be at some other garden stores, but I don't know if they have a recall on their carts, or if they are made by the same manufacturer.

Reply to
willshak